CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hello to you.

Mom is continuing to improve from her fall at the nursing home. She is still very bruised, however, and her arm is still having to be kept bandaged.

............................

Today's Weight: 158
I bought a new scale that weighs about 5 pounds heavier than the scale I was using...although it weighs just about the same (slightly more) as the one at the grocery store. But I have gained a little.
................................

It has been very warm and humid here. Hubby and I planted a new flower garden last week, with colorful day lilies, yellow lantana, red cannard, and other flowers in it, surrounded with red mulch.

Hubby is working today and I have been cooking mackeral stew (also cooked Hubby's supper, roasted steak and baked 'fries' potatoes) and washing clothes.

Hope you are having a wonderful day in the Lord!

Love, Maria

2 Click Here to Add Your Comment:

Jerri said...

Lantana is one of my very favorite..I didn't plant any this year though... It is an annual here...

Gald to hear that your mom is doing better!!!!

Have a wonderful week.....

Jerri said...

Thank You for stopping by DD..... With my mom, the meds were prescribed by a psychologist or at least one was just given by sample..The pharmacist, nor her G.P. know about the "samples" and one of the main side effects is short-term memory loss.... BUT, since January when she was told she had dementia, she has spiraled downhill... She no longer initiates a conversation, no longer does any household chores & has no desire to, doesn't remember she has roses,clematis or any other flower and sits and looks right at them.... She eats everything on her plate and never used to eat but a few bites of anything EVER, plus could eat sweets all day long..NONE of that is happening anymore...Neve could go to their house and not have her busy bodying around like a bee..Now, she just sits and pets the dog or dozes in the chair ALL day...Dad wakes her and she won't go to bed til he does, even if he suggests her going before him if she seems tired..She just waits to see what everybody else is doing before she does anything... She smiles and that is about it..No initiation to DO anything or say anything...Sits in the car to "people watch", even when dad begs her to go in with him... Hardest thing is I asked dad if he wanted to me to get some Depends to have on hand for times they may go to town or even church anymore (we sit on pins/needles, cause "it" has been happening on occasion @ home.. and his answer was "yes, please do"..He has been doing laundry every day,cooks the meals,dishes,lawn care,doing his daily Bible study and reading to her, etc... We don't expect the meds to be the 100% cause of her condition, but the quickness of her decline is the question... She is 67 years old & a blank slate @ times....

So, now I wrote you a book (LOL) .... I'm glad that your mom is still able to tell you what she wants/likes/needs and your able to have her hold a conversation with you about things, etc... I sure don't know how I'm going to make it other than by the grace of God... It is my dad that I worry about the most, cause my mom is fine in her world and that is a hard pill to swallow..It is the caregivers that need the support with dementia/alzheimer's patients believe it or not....I sobbed in my husbands arms last night for not even beginning to imagine what loneliness my dad must feel 24/7, but to still have my mom in breathing fashion before his eyes and to hold her,love her and take every precious moment in that very moment...She is living that way "in the moments" and we have to literally think that way too..

My mind wanders of how horrible it is going to be before it is all over with... But then I think of no matter who/when/where/how at one time or another we are as Christians going to be "new creatures in Christ" and what a glorious time it will be to see the no longer sick,blind,lame, etc..either all up together when the trumpet sounds or God calling us home first......It is my prayer that the Lord return!!!!!!

So. now that I wrote another book... I will let it be at that for this time and I thank you again for stopping bt DD to keep tabs and comment...It is greaty appreciated!!!!

Your sister in Christ, Jerri